dimanche 26 avril 2015

Gregory Alan Isakov


GREGORY ALAN ISAKOV
"Now I've been crazy couldn't you tell. I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell. Now I'm covered up in straw, belly up on the table, well and sang and srank, and passed in the stable".


Here, let's begin with my first crush, the south-african singer, songwriter, music-magician and fairytales-teller Gregory Alan Isakov. I don't really know where to begin, apart from saying that this artist, this amazing, talented, beautiful-soul artist, has a killer voice that makes me cry every single time I hear it. But not the sad cry, his music is so touching, it goes right through the heart, I swear. May looks like a little bit to Radical Face, but different in so many ways.
The music is also unique (thank you, banjo!) but let's be clear, his voice could make anything sounds special.
Let's not waste anymore time, Here are some of his incredible work:

The Stable Song

Suitcase Full Of Sparks

I've bought his last album "The Weatherman" (Itunes link), which is one of the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. He has also recorded others albums, "The Sea, That Gambler" and "This Empty Northern Hemisphere", which I recommend too, but this beauty is absolutely perfect. His voice calms me as much as it makes me want to travel the whole world with a banana and his music. It gives me hope, somehow. Hope that better things await for me.

So please, pretty please, even if you don't have the money, or even if you don't want to spend your money in music, listen to his records, I swear this won't be a waste of your time. I think you can find many of his work on Youtube,

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire